I can get on a soap box about doing Bible Studies. (Did you just stop reading?)
I won't step on it right now, but I couldn't help sharing this silly list I once made to lighten up a class I was leading. I've heard some creative reasons for not taking a Bible Study - no matter how interesting or easy it was. These aren't ones I've actually heard, but who knows - maybe someone will try give one a shot.
Top Ten "Reasons" for Not Taking a Bible Study:
- The dog ate my Bible.
- Doest thou glean understanding from King James vernacular? I thinkest not.
- The side screens work for me.
- I don't want to get too spiritual.
- I like a book I can relate to: one with action, drama, romance, heroes.
- I don't speak Latin.
- Those thin pages give me paper cuts.
- I'm an audio learner.
- I've watched the Ten Commandments and Passion - got it covered.
- I can't find the app.
So, what's your excuse... I mean, reason?