Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reasonable Excuse?

I can get on a soap box about doing Bible Studies. (Did you just stop reading?)

I won't step on it right now, but I couldn't help sharing this silly list I once made to lighten up a class I was leading. I've heard some creative reasons for not taking a Bible Study - no matter how interesting or easy it was. These aren't ones I've actually heard, but who knows - maybe someone will try give one a shot.

Top Ten "Reasons" for Not Taking a Bible Study:
  1. The dog ate my Bible.
  2. Doest thou glean understanding from King James vernacular? I thinkest not.
  3. The side screens work for me.
  4. I don't want to get too spiritual.
  5. I like a book I can relate to: one with action, drama, romance, heroes.
  6. I don't speak Latin.
  7. Those thin pages give me paper cuts.
  8. I'm an audio learner.
  9. I've watched the Ten Commandments and Passion - got it covered.
  10. I can't find the app.
So, what's your excuse... I mean, reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?